The Ideal Location For Outdoor Restaurant Seating
Are you considering setting up outdoor seating for your restaurant? Then you’re probably wondering what would be the best direction for it to face, to ensure maximum customer comfort.
This article will help uncover the ideal location for outdoor restaurant seating and make sure your customers are as comfortable as possible.
When it comes to choosing the ideal location for outdoor restaurant seating, several factors come into play. One of the essential aspects to consider is the direction that the outdoor seating should face. The right direction of outdoor seating can create an enjoyable dining experience for your customers.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right direction for your restaurant’s outdoor seating:
1) Consider the view and natural light: seating orientation should take advantage of the best view and natural light sources to provide good visibility.
2) Wind Direction: Outdoor seating facing the wind direction can cause discomfort to customers. Therefore, it is ideal to avoid seating in areas prone to strong winds.
3) Noise level: Exposure to noise from traffic, construction, or any other source can spoil the dining experience. Avoid seating areas in the direction of the noise source.
Keeping these factors in mind while selecting the ideal direction for outdoor seating can enhance the overall experience of your restaurant’s outdoor dining space.
What Direction Should Outdoor Restaurant Seating Face
Outdoor restaurant seating offers a wide range of benefits both for the customers and the business owners.
Some of the primary benefits include:
1. Enhanced dining experience – Outdoor dining allows customers to enjoy the beautiful weather and scenery, creating a more enjoyable dining experience.
2. Increased revenue – Outdoor dining increases the seating capacity of a restaurant, resulting in more customers and thus increased revenue.
3. Better ambience – Outdoor seating creates a more relaxed and casual atmosphere that customers find inviting.
4. Promotes social distancing – Outdoor seating allows for adequate spacing between tables, promoting social distancing in the post-pandemic world.
When it comes to the ideal location for outdoor restaurant seating, it is recommended that the seating area should face east or west to avoid direct sunlight during the hottest parts of the day. Proper shading solutions such as umbrellas or canopies can also be used to ensure customer comfort.
Pro tip: While planning outdoor restaurant seating, it’s essential to also consider the surrounding noise levels and ensure that customers can enjoy a peaceful dining experience.
Factors to Consider When Deciding the Direction for Outdoor Restaurant Seating
The ideal location for outdoor restaurant seating largely depends on the direction that the seating faces. There are several factors to consider when deciding the direction for outdoor restaurant seating.
• Sun exposure: Ensure that outdoor seating gets enough sun while avoiding direct sunlight during peak hours. East-facing outdoor seating is an ideal location for the morning sun while west-facing outdoor seating is suitable for romantic sunset dinners.
• Wind patterns: Consider the direction and intensity of wind patterns in your area. Place outdoor seating away from prevailing winds to offer more comfort to diners.
• Noise level: Ensure that outdoor seating is not placed adjacent to loud traffic areas, delivery zones or noisy kitchen areas.
• View: Consider the view that diners will get as they dine. Ensure that outdoor seating offers spectacular views that add to the dining experience.
• Privacy: Ensure that outdoor seating offers a level of privacy while still enjoying the views and ambiance.
Pro Tip – It’s important to consult a professional landscaper or architect experienced with outdoor restaurant seating for advice and design.
East-Facing Outdoor Restaurant Seating
East-facing outdoor restaurant seating allows for optimal comfort and ambiance during the peak dining hours of the day.
Restaurants facing east capture the warmth of the morning sun, creating a welcoming atmosphere for breakfast and brunch. As the day progresses, the sun moves overhead, providing ample shade for lunch and early dinner service.
Additionally, east-facing restaurants provide unbeatable views of the sunrise and early morning hustle and bustle of the city or nature, depending on the location.
It’s important to consider local climate conditions and landscapes when choosing the orientation of outdoor restaurant seating. By strategically placing tables and umbrellas, east-facing restaurants can offer their customers a comfortable, enjoyable dining experience no matter the time of day.
South-Facing Outdoor Restaurant Seating
South-facing outdoor restaurant seating offers many advantages over other seating arrangements.
Several reasons make south-facing outdoor seating the ideal location for a restaurant:
First, south-facing seating receives the most sunlight during the day, which creates a warm and pleasant environment for diners.
Second, south-facing seating provides ample natural light, which enhances the overall dining experience.
Lastly, south-facing outdoor seating allows diners to enjoy the view and the scenery.
To make the most of south-facing outdoor seating, restaurants should plan their seating arrangements to maximize sun exposure, offer shade options, and use weather-resistant furniture. Investing in high-quality outdoor furniture that can withstand various weather conditions and provide comfort for diners is a pro tip for restaurant owners looking to create an ideal outdoor dining experience.
West-Facing Outdoor Restaurant Seating
West-facing outdoor restaurant seating is ideal for restaurants located in regions that experience hot afternoon sun. Here are some reasons why:
The west-facing location of the seating will allow diners to enjoy a view of the sunset.
The heat generated by the afternoon sun will be partially filtered by the building’s shade in the morning, providing comfortable seating for patrons.
West-facing outdoor seating will attract customers who prefer to dine outdoors in the late afternoon and evening when temperatures have started to cool off.
It is essential to ensure that there is sufficient cover and proper outdoor cooling methods present to keep patrons comfortable during hot weather.
Pro tip: Consider installing retractable canopies or umbrellas to provide sufficient shade that keeps your patrons comfortable during hot weather.
North-Facing Outdoor Restaurant Seating
North-facing outdoor restaurant seating may not be ideal as it receives the least amount of sunlight during the day.
Southern and Western facing outdoor seating areas receive the most sunlight, making them ideal for lunch or dinner services. Eastern facing outdoor seating areas are perfect for breakfast or brunch services as they receive ample sunlight in the morning but are shaded later in the day.
In addition to sunlight exposure, it’s important to consider wind and noise levels when selecting the location for outdoor restaurant seating. Windy areas may require windbreaks or barriers to protect diners, while noisy areas may require soundproofing or acoustic panels.
Ultimately, the ideal location for outdoor restaurant seating depends on the restaurant’s specific needs and customer preferences. A well-designed outdoor seating area can attract more customers and increase revenue, providing a comfortable and enjoyable dining experience.
In conclusion, the ideal location for outdoor restaurant seating should face north or east to maximize customer comfort and satisfaction while minimizing the impact of direct sunlight and wind.
Proper orientation can also create a more attractive ambiance and reduce the risk of heatstroke and sunburn for customers.
Another important consideration is to provide shading and cooling options such as umbrellas, fans, and misting systems to enhance customer experience and create a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Pro tip: By carefully selecting the orientation and providing suitable shading and cooling options, you can create a comfortable and inviting outdoor dining experience that meets the needs and preferences of your customers.